Parent Teacher Student Association
Current Rider Record
Key PTSA Contacts
Sharon Rodgers, Saroja Reddy
Class Funds Treasurer
Welcome from the RHS PTSA Co-Chairs
Welcome to the 2012-13 academic year! Did you know that parent involvement makes a huge difference to our students’ success? More than 85 research studies conducted over the past 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases. The Roosevelt HS PTSA supports all students in our school and is focused on helping parents/guardians, teachers and administrators better support students.
To support kids in our school, we Advocate, Collaborate, Communicate and Educate:
- COMMUNICATE: We share important and timely information through our website, weekly eNews, and the Rider Record newsletter.
- EDUCATE: Our regular meetings are designed to help you find out more about what’s going on in our school. Principal Brian Vance attends every meeting, our student leaders keep us up to date on their activities and we invite speakers to share more information with us about topics of interest to all of us. This year we are focusing on teen alcohol and drug abuse information and prevention.
- COLLABORATE: We provide direct support to teachers and other staff through our highly successful mini-grant program; support class-year fundraising to offset senior year costs, provide volunteers for the RHS’s annual fund drive), and much more.
- ADVOCATE: We are members of the largest and oldest child advocacy organization in the country: the PTA; we advocate in the school, as well as at the district, state and national level to support all kids.
Here’s what you can do right now:
- Join the Roosevelt HS PTSA now - remember membership dues and donations are tax deductible!
- Attend one of our meetings (check the calendar) in the RHS Library at 7pm. and provide your input directly – all are welcome!
- Contact us about volunteer opportunities!
Please contact RHS PTSA Co-Presidents Sharon Rodgers and Saroja Reddy at 206.317.4462 (leave us a message) or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, issues or information that you wish to share with the RHS community.
We look forward to working in partnership with you in supporting our students and our community!
Join the RHS PTSA
The time to join the Roosevelt High School PTSA is now! The PTSA raises money to support many programs to help our students. It also provides staff appreciation and is part of a regional and state wide PTSA organization.
The PTSA sponsors and maintains the RHS website, sends the weekly bulletin communications many of you have opted in to receive, and distributes the monthly Rider Record publication. Without your membership and donations, we would not be able to support these types of communication.
See more information about making membership payments in the How You Can Help section further down on this page.
Interested in volunteering? We have many different ways in which you can volunteer. Take a look at the Volunteer Opportunities - Online Sign Up page and browse the other PTSA committee and roster pages using the links above. Contact Pat Johnson, PTSA Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Co-presidents Sharon Rogers and Saroja Reddy at (206) 317-4462 and firstname.lastname@example.org for more PTSA information.
PTSA Standing Rules
On October 16th, 2012, the RHS PTSA membership approved the new RHS PTSA Standing Rules.
Your RHS PTSA Supports These Important Activities
The RHS PTSA supports the following RHS activities throughout the year:
- Fundraising for programs, equipment, and support staff
- Providing teacher grants and staff appreciation
- Sponsoring enrichment programs and activities
- Providing parenting classes for the community
- Coordinating and serving as volunteers
- Publishing parent newsletter and email bulletins
- Influencing legislation on behalf of children
- Making the school a better place to learn
Want to Get Involved? We Need You!
It takes a large group of volunteers to help keep these important programs running smoothly throughout the year. Please join us by volunteering to help on one of the following committees as a committee chair or a committee member. Your support is needed and greatly appreciated.
- First Day Packets
- PTSA Membership
- Golden Grads Luncheon
- Staff Appreciation
- Parent Volunteers
- Roughrider Day
- 8th Grade Tours
- No-Bake Bake Sale
- Recreation Treasurer
- Parent Representatives
- Senior Prom
- Senior Luncheon
- SPREE (Senior Party)
- Senior Awards Night
- Legislative/Levy Representation
- PIPE (Partners in Public Education)
- Neighborhood Association
- Landscape Committee
- Golden Acorn Award
- RHS Foundation Liaison
- Special Education Liasion
- Parent Education Programs
- Mini Grants
- SAT Prep Liasion
- Email Parent Bulletin
- RHS Website
- Rider Record Newsletter
- Student Directory
- Tech Committee
RHS PTSA Meetings
PTSA Board meetings are open to everyone. Meetings are held in the Library at 7:00 pm, normally, on the third Wednesday of most months during the school year but may be rescheduled to avoid conflicts with holidays, vacations, or school events. Please check the RHS Calendar on the RHS Fusion site for specific dates.
If you are unable to attend, please call us to share your ideas or concerns. Parent participation and financial support are key elements in maintaining the level of excellence at Roosevelt High School.
How You Can Help
- Join PTSA - Annual dues are $30.00 for a single membership and $40.00 for a 2 person (1 household) membership. It's easy --- return the PTSA Membership Form with your payment today.
- Donate - Your direct donations to RHS PTSA go entirely to the school. Donation Form (PDF)
- Volunteer - Volunteers are needed for a wide variety of activities at RHS, including school day, evening, and weekend schedules. Volunteer Opportunities - Online Sign Up
- Participate - Attend a PTSA meeting and provide your input directly to the PTSA Board
Drop off your check for PTSA membership or donation at the PTSA mailbox in the Main Office or mail to Roosevelt High School, Attn: PTSA Membership, 1410 NE 66th Street, Seattle, WA, 98115.
Rider Record Newsletter
PTSA Meeting Minutes